There have been many disturbing reports of hauntings in building 211 located on Ledward Kaserne in Schweinfurt, Germany.  One soldier (who lives alone in his room) reported that he had seen a German soldier's face in the window reflection.  He was alone and there is a security system that does not allow unauthorized personnel to gain entrance to the installation.  Two different couples who live on different floors have reported similar experiences of different phenomenon.  Whispers in the room, touching of the feet, small noises at night that match no other natural noise in the room, falling items from seemingly secure locations, and physical contact such as poking of the arm to wake the other while one sleeps.  Foot steps are also occasionally heard throughout the small room.  Most of them occur directly in front of the bed.

3 Comments

Rob McDowell 212th MP Co Rob McDowell 212th MP Co

Re: Ledward Barracks, Building 211 Schweinfurt, Germany

I don't remember my bldg. # but, I was stationed there in 1981 as an MP. One night I was sound asleep when my bunk started to shake violently with the foot being lifted off the floor. I am a So Cal boy and have been through a lot of earthquakes and this felt like a big one. I yelled to my roommate that we were having a earthquake and he yelled back "no were not" and I had my feet on the floor sitting up when I looked up about 6' above the foot of my bunk and there was a white face floating in the air. I could tell by it's expressions that it was talking and it was mad. There was no voice that I could hear, but it was clear that it was not happy with me at all. This lasted for a good 10 seconds or so, I just sat there looking at it and then it was gone. I guess that I would say it was the spirit of a old German solider and I did not see it again.
2yr in a row 2yr in a row

Re: Ledward Barracks, Building 211 Schweinfurt, Germany

Well i was in room 224 at Bldg 211 and let me just say that what ever is in that room its not friendly and i don't think its a ghost... if it is, its pissed....
CSM CSM

Re: Ledward Barracks, Building 211 Schweinfurt, Germany

Room 224 of building 211 is unoccupied, in fact the building is now empty due to the impending closure.  However, there have been multiple reports of unexplained occurences. Sadly, a redeploying soldier with a confirmed case of PTSD commited suicide in his room in bldg.211. Room number 224. Coincidence?